Thrive Med Spa Home > Thrive Med Spa > Beauty Series > Wearing Sunscreen Is Where It’s at!
Wearing Sunscreen Is Where It’s at!
While we celebrate rising temps in Chicago, let’s make a commitment to perk up our skincare regimens by shielding our skin against the long-term effects of over exposure to harmful UVA/UVB rays. May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month and it’s absolutely essential to keep your skin protected and healthy throughout the year by applying sunscreen regularly and performing skin cancer self-examinations. Skin cancer can develop anywhere on the skin, so keeping a close eye on moles that change in color, size or texture is crucial. Take inventory of freckles and age spots, and if anything looks remotely suspicious, make an appointment to see your dermatologist. In the meantime, search for products that contain concentrations of antioxidants and a minimum of SPF 20 if you’re out in natural sunlight more than 30 minutes during the day. No, on second thought, forget the 30 minute rule and make it habit to protect your skin regularly like you brush your teeth or toast your friends during happy hour.
- Nicole L. Townsend
- Thinking about heading to one the Chicago beaches along lake shore drive this year when the weather ...
[Infographic] Skin Cancer Facts, Information and Preventative Measures
- We all want beautiful, glowing, supple skin. Most health professionals agree that what we eat has a ...
10 Super Foods That Are Good For Your Skin
- The warming rays feel good to our bodies but are not good to our skin. The high dose of vitamin D is...
Sun Damage and Sun Damage Removal Treatments
- Let’s face it. You’re only born with one complexion, so you might as well take care of it. There is ...
BEAUTY SERIES: Essentials for Glowing, Healthy Skin
- Keeping your skin looking and feeling young, healthy, and acne free can be extremely difficult. Expo...
Vitamins For Skin Care and Acne
Thrive Medical Spa
Thrive Medical Spa